We think small towns get a bad rap. When it comes to entertainment, employment, and livability, the small towns in East Central Indiana tend to get overlooked. We’re using 2023 to set the record straight on Knightstown and we’re inviting you to take a new look at us.
People like to say that small towns are boring, there’s not much to do or see, and they’re hard to get to… and more. Nonsense! We’re inviting you to see the beauty in small towns: to cherish what we do have and to see the benefit of smaller communities. It’s 2023 and it’s time for a new look at Knightstown.
2023: New Knightstown
- Beautiful Scenery
- Small towns are beautiful! From the scenic views, to the charming storefronts, to the historic architecture, you’ll find some Insta-worthy things to admire about Knightstown. We recommend starting with Neat Things You Didn’t Know About Knightstown to learn about our history and plan some excursions, like our self-guided Historic Architecture Walking Tour. Then, check out our Must-See Historical Sites in Knightstown.
- We’re home to some great outdoor activities and a growing summer/fall festival scene. Plan a trip to Kayak the Big Blue River, check out our Disc Golf Courses, or bring the whole family for a kid-friendly weekend. Be sure to follow our blog for updates on our upcoming festivals for 2023: you’ll find Arts Walks, car shows, the Fall Festival, the Fantastic Feast, and Christmas at the Academy.
- If you’re looking for a place to visit (or put down some roots) where the shop keepers say “hello” and the residents wave from their porches, you’ll find it here. Small towns are friendly – we have to be in order to thrive! It means neighbors look out for each other and people pitch in when the community needs help.
- We’re not going to try to convince you that everything you could possibly need is here in Knightstown… but we will say that larger cities are easily accessible. Indianapolis, Dayton, and other East Central Indiana cities are available with a short drive. This means you can spend a day with us and get home in time for dinner or put down some roots in Knightstown and head to the city when you want (without the high cost of living!).
- Low Cost of Living
- Are you thinking about a change? Small towns are affordable! The cost of living in East Central Indiana is 17% lower when compared to the U.S. average. This means you can build the life of your dreams in Knightstown without breaking the bank!
- Small towns like Knightstown come with safer communities. This means less violent crime – making this a great place to visit with children. That “friendliness” we mentioned earlier pays off here: you can feel safe walking through our neighborhoods and exploring new places here because residents are looking out for you.
Start exploring the information on our website to plan your best day in Knightstown – or plan for a longer stay. When you come, don’t forget to tag us in photos you post. Use our social media handle, @goKnightstown, or hashtags like #goKnightstown and #visitKnightstown.
We hope this article gave you the inspiration to take a chance on small towns like Knightstown. We’re thrilled you want to know more about us! Stay up to date and get more Knightstown travel tips by signing up for our monthly newsletter or following us on social media. For more articles just like this one, check out more articles on our blog.